- Walton Bridge in Flood, 20 November 08
- Clearing work underway, near Wittonga Park
- Bridge under water and debris, Nicholas Park
- Yoorala Street Boardwalk 1
- Yoorala Street Boardwalk 2
- Tree in Enoggera Creek
The destructive storm that hit The Gap on Sunday 16 November has undone years of work rehabilitating Enoggera and Fish Creeks in The Gap.
All sites in The Gap west from The Gap Central have sustained major damage with hundreds of major trees knocked down or snapped in two. The full extent of the damage is still emerging but Riaweena and Yoorala Streets have been hit very hard. Some of the worst damage was along Fish Creek from Bromwich Street downstream.
The SOWN nursery came through relatively unscathed although access has been blocked due to trees down in the park. Walton Bridge Reserve sustained some damage but the worst of the storm hit west from there. We don't have news of some sites because the areas were still inaccessible.
- Group leaders please send in reports and photographs for the web site.
- Ithaca Creek also battered. See story.