If any member can spare some time on a regular basis to help with delivery of potting mix and collection of pricked out plants done by retirement villages, we would love to hear from you.
We need someone to be available for about 1-2 hours on site at Parklands on a Monday from 1.30pm and to transport the plants in tubes back to the SOWN nursery on the same day. Volunteer will need to supply SOWN tubes, trays, labels, fertiliser and propagated lomandra (in boxes ready to be pricked out) as needed, which can be picked up from the SOWN shed to be delivered to Parklands.
Assistance is needed with:
- mixing the potting mix and fertiliser into the 10L blue boxes
- placing them on the table which the groundsmen set up
- separating the lomandra, trimming excess roots and leaf
- filling the watering can
- lifting the trays to be watered in
- replenishing the 10L blue boxes with potting mix and fertiliser for the following week (when the gossip vols have finished)
- contacting Colleen when the orange bins need replacing
Colleen will be available to walk people through what duties are involved.