On Saturday 3 March 2006 the Ithaca Intact project was announced with the help of our local elected representatives. Attending the launch and wishing the project well were:
- Geraldine Knapp, Councillor for the Brisbane City Council ward of The Gap and President of Save Our Waterways Now (SOWN)
- Hon Andrew Fraser, State Member for Mt Coot-tha and Minister for Local Government, Planning and Sport
- Kate Jones, State Member for Ashgrove
- David Hinchliffe, Councillor for the Brisbane City Council ward of Central
Also present were:
- Anne Jones, Secretary of Save Our Waterways Now (SOWN)
- Robert Whyte, Vice President of Save Our Waterways Now (SOWN)
- Melinda Mclean, Catchment Coordinator, Enoggera Catchment
- Adam Richardt and Don Butler from the Red Hill Bushcare Group
- Robert Dunne, Committee Member, Save Our Waterways Now (SOWN)
The responsibility for the idea lies with Adam Richard, Robert Dunne and Melinda Mclean, who together planned the project during 2006.
Media kits containing brochures, contact details and a media release were distributed. The event attractied the interest of several locals who studied the maps on display.
After the formalities, interviews were conducted by SOWN TV and then the first of our creek crawl surveys commenced at 10.00am.